[sword-devel] OSIS markup for headings & OSISHeading feature
yvand
2014-05-06 18:06:13 UTC

I work on FreJND module currently available as an old version in
CrossWire Beta repository.
FreJND uses OSIS (milestone) markup, the source is available at
http://koocotte.org/darby/darby.osis.zip
It provides paragraphs, footnotes, crossReference footnotes and heading.

We use only titles for book titles, chapter titles and Psalm headings.
As Psalm headings are not placed in verse 1 in the Bible paper version
but placed below "Psaume N" (i.e. "Psalm N") we use <p><title
canonical="true">heading</title></p> in the source file.
Headings in Psalms are all "canonical" and not subject to "heading"
filter. If these are the only headings, should the conf still have
Feature=OSISHeading?
So I want to know if we should use OSISHeading feature in .conf file or not?
Moreover should book titles and chapter titles being canonical="true"?
Do they need OSISHeading feature?

Regards
yvand
yvand
2014-06-10 20:56:52 UTC
Hi all,

I received no response to my two threads posted more than one month ago:
* OSIS markup for headings & OSISHeading feature
* OSIS markup for crossReference notes with content

Can somebody help?
Isn't here the right place to ask such questions?

yvand
Hi,
yvand
Peter von Kaehne
2014-06-10 21:07:51 UTC
Hi all,
Post by yvand
Moreover should book titles and chapter titles being canonical="true"?
Do they need OSISHeading feature?
Book and chapter titles are not canonical and hence need the OsisHeading
feature, but should not be tagged as canonical=true. If there are no
headings in a module beyond canonical Psalm titles, no OsisHeading
feature needs to be mentioned in the conf file.

What is the crossreference question?

Peter
yvand
2014-06-10 21:22:24 UTC
Post by Peter von Kaehne
Hi all,
Post by yvand
Moreover should book titles and chapter titles being canonical="true"?
Do they need OSISHeading feature?
Book and chapter titles are not canonical and hence need the OsisHeading
feature, but should not be tagged as canonical=true. If there are no
headings in a module beyond canonical Psalm titles, no OsisHeading
feature needs to be mentioned in the conf file.
What is the crossreference question?
Peter
First thank you for your quick reply!
In FreJND, headings are used for: book, chapter and Psalm headers.
As we use book (and chapter) titles, we need OSISHeading filter. Am I right?
Post by Peter von Kaehne
<title>Ancien Testament</title>
<title type="main">LE PREMIER LIVRE DE MO?SE dit LA
GEN?SE</title>
<chapter osisID="Gen.1" chapterTitle="Chapitre 1">
<title type="chapter">Chapitre 1</title>
<chapter osisID="Ps.23" chapterTitle="Psaume 23">
<title type="chapter">Psaume 23</title>
If there is something wrong or deprecated with this syntax please let me
know!

yvand
Peter von Kaehne
2014-06-10 21:32:34 UTC
Post by yvand
First thank you for your quick reply!
In FreJND, headings are used for: book, chapter and Psalm headers.
As we use book (and chapter) titles, we need OSISHeading filter. Am I right?
Yes