[sword-devel] Uighur Cyrillic Repository
Troy A. Griffitts
2014-08-08 19:22:13 UTC
This is great, Fred. Have your technical guys take a look at these details. There is a short minimal setup and a more advanced setup described.

http://crosswire.org/wiki/Creating_and_Maintaining_a_Module_Repository

Once everything is in place on your end, let us know and we will add your site to our registry enabling all SWORD frontends to automatically discover your resources you place there.

Thank you for this. Blessings in your service for our Lord.

Troy
To Sword Development at Crosswire
We intend to host the Uighur Cyrillic Bible Sword Module (currently
Gen,
Ex, and NT) on our own repository located at
http://www.slovocars.org/share/SWORD
The Sword module is not yet there but hopefully will be tomorrow.
Please let us know the next steps.
Fred Phelps for the Uighur Cyrillic team
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Also visit this page to see the information we document about module
repositories.

http://crosswire.org/wiki/Module_Repositories

A new subsection has been added in anticipation.

David

David Haslam
2014-08-09 09:03:18 UTC
Hi Fred,

You may wish to carefully consider the most appropriate name for the new
repository.

If in future you plan to publish other Bible translations or ancillary
modules (in addition to the Uighur Cyrillic) then a more general name might
be preferred.

Blessings,

David

Troy A. Griffitts
2014-08-11 17:31:03 UTC
Nice Fred and Andreas! I just tried it via FTP:

ftp://www.slovocars.org/share/SWORD/

and receive a login prompt. This usually means that 'anonymous'
read-only access isn't enabled.

Troy
Troy,
The Uighur Cyrillic Sword module is now on a ftp server at
http://www.slovocars.org/share/SWORD
When I go there I get a "Forbidden" message so there must be some
permission given to access it. But Andreas is asleep and I cannot find
out what the problem is for at least 8 hours.
Other than that, as far as I can tell, "All is ready."
Fred
Post by Troy A. Griffitts
[...]

Sorry about that! Need to fix it.
But so far the module itself can be accessed:
http://www.slovocars.org/share/SWORD/UYC.zip

Andreas
ftp://www.slovocars.org/share/SWORD/UYC.zip