[sword-devel] Language code for Modern Hebrew?
David Haslam
2014-05-02 09:32:55 UTC
Shouldn't we distinguish modern Hebrew and ancient Hebrew for our Bible
modules by using a different language code, just as we do for the modern and
Koine (ancient) Greek modules?

They are not the same language! In fact, I know someone in Israel who is
translating the Bible into modern Hebrew.

Best regards,

David

Jaak Ristioja
2014-05-02 10:42:54 UTC
In case it is relevant, you can find the ISO 639-3 language codes at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_language

Blessings,
Jaak
http://sword-dev.350566.n4.nabble.com/Language-code-for-Modern-Hebrew-tp4653927.html
list: sword-devel at crosswire.org
to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
Kahunapule Michael Johnson
2014-05-02 15:31:33 UTC
See hbo and heb at Ethnologue.com.

Aloha,