[sword-devel] Building Python binding to Sword on Windows returns exit code 1
R Johnson
2014-05-09 23:59:57 UTC
I just tried building this again with the new version of Sword (1.7.3)
and it still doesn't work.

I forgot to mention in my previous e-mail that I have added SWIG to my
PATH environment variable and set the PYTHON_INCLUDE and PYTHON_LIB
environment variables as required.

I have also attached the upgrade log that VS2010 created after it
converted "libsword_pythonsword.vcproj" from the old format to the new
one, in case it is of any use.

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong? Thank you.

-- Timothy
Timothy,

I maintain the Python bindings, but we only officially support them through
Swig on Linux and other places and only really through the CMake build
project (and Troy also tries to keep them building through autotools as
well). And while there have been abortive attempts to get Swig C# bindings
going, they never really got off the ground and have since been supplanted
by a newly minted (last month) native C# wrapper that uses C# specific
idioms for its wrapping.

I say all of that so that I can say: the project file you're starting from
is unmanitained. Indeed, until just now, I had no idea it even existed -
and I maintain our Swig bindings! However, I do know that our CMake file
does successfully build the bindings in Linux and Mac OS X. However, our
CMake system does not play perfectly well with the VC generator from CMake
and I would be more than happy to work with you towards getting that up and
going in the hopes that success there can translate to a generated solution
file that will do the correct magic.

On the other hand, if you wish to keep on keeping on through the C# project
solution file you're more than welcome to do so, though. It's long out of
date and unmaintained, so feel free to edit, hack, fix, and prod it as much
as you'd like. If you succeed in building, feel free to submit a patch here
and I'll give a go at mainlining it into the repository.

--Greg

On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 6:59 PM, R Johnson <
I just tried building this again with the new version of Sword (1.7.3) and
it still doesn't work.
I forgot to mention in my previous e-mail that I have added SWIG to my
PATH environment variable and set the PYTHON_INCLUDE and PYTHON_LIB
environment variables as required.
I have also attached the upgrade log that VS2010 created after it
converted "libsword_pythonsword.vcproj" from the old format to the new one,
in case it is of any use.
Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong? Thank you.
-- Timothy
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
I think the key is here in your first email:
1>..\..\..\include\swbuf.h(362): error : Syntax error in input(3).
What is on the line it mentions? You may be missing a #define which matters.

It's possible no one has tested it with Swig 3.0 (I haven't built for a
while, but I used SWIG 1.3.31 last time I did), and it could have changed

God Bless,
Ben
For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone,
declares the Lord God; so turn, and live.?
Ezekiel 18:32 (ESV)

On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 9:59 AM, R Johnson <
I just tried building this again with the new version of Sword (1.7.3) and
it still doesn't work.
I forgot to mention in my previous e-mail that I have added SWIG to my
PATH environment variable and set the PYTHON_INCLUDE and PYTHON_LIB
environment variables as required.
I have also attached the upgrade log that VS2010 created after it
converted "libsword_pythonsword.vcproj" from the old format to the new one,
in case it is of any use.
Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong? Thank you.
-- Timothy
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Thanks, Greg and Ben.
Post by Greg Hellings
and I'll give a go at mainlining it into the repository.
I have very little knowledge of C++, so I don't think I could work on
the project file very well.

@Ben: Thanks for your suggestion, but since the project file is so out
of date like Greg said, I think I'll try to get CMake to work instead.
(I don't understand why line 362 in 'swbuf.h' caused an error, since all
of the functions called on that line are used several lines before it
without any problem.)
Post by Greg Hellings
file that will do the correct magic.
If we could get that working, it would be great! Unfortunately, I don't
have any experience with CMake either (in fact, I had never heard of it
until I started trying to build Sword). But I'm willing to learn, and
will try to do what I can.

Following the instructions in some of the Sword README files, I was
successfully able to create a VS2010 project for Sword with CMake (with
the argument -DSWORD_BINDINGS="Python" added). But when I tried to build
the Visual Studio project that it created, I got several errors. The
output from the attempted build was 1625 lines, but many of them were
not fatal errors, just warnings. I used a regex to remove all the
warnings, and have attached the resulting file.

It appears that the problem is that two header files cannot be found:
'dirent.h' and 'inttypes.h'. As far as I can tell, the former is in the
Sword repository, but the latter is not (but is mentioned, along with
HAVE_INTTYPES_H, in 'config.h.in' in the 'include' directory). The fatal
errors that I got afterwards are likely caused by the previous builds
failing, I think. Perhaps the problem could be fixed by simply adding
these files to the correct directory?

Also, since the C# project solution file is unmaintained, do you think
it would be a good idea to remove it from the repository? If that was
done, it wouldn't cause confusion for other Sword newbies in the future
like it did me.

Thank you for your help.

-- Timothy
-------------- next part --------------
1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: ZERO_CHECK, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1> Checking Build System
1> CMake does not need to re-run because C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/cmake_build/CMakeFiles/generate.stamp is up-to-date.
1> CMake does not need to re-run because C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/cmake_build/utilities/CMakeFiles/generate.stamp is up-to-date.
2>------ Rebuild All started: Project: sword_static, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
3>------ Rebuild All started: Project: sword, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
3> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/CMakeLists.txt
3> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
2> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/CMakeLists.txt
2> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
3> swdisp.cpp
2> swdisp.cpp
3> swlog.cpp
2> swlog.cpp
3> swkey.cpp
2> swkey.cpp
3> listkey.cpp
2> listkey.cpp
3> strkey.cpp
2> strkey.cpp
3> treekey.cpp
2> treekey.cpp
3> treekeyidx.cpp
2> treekeyidx.cpp
2> versekey.cpp
3> versekey.cpp
3> versetreekey.cpp
2> versetreekey.cpp
3> swconfig.cpp
2> swconfig.cpp
3> swmgr.cpp
2> swmgr.cpp
3>..\sword-1.7.3\src\mgr\swmgr.cpp(31): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dirent.h': No such file or directory
3> swfiltermgr.cpp
2>..\sword-1.7.3\src\mgr\swmgr.cpp(31): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dirent.h': No such file or directory
2> swfiltermgr.cpp
3> encfiltmgr.cpp
2> encfiltmgr.cpp
3> markupfiltmgr.cpp
2> markupfiltmgr.cpp
3> filemgr.cpp
2> filemgr.cpp
3>..\sword-1.7.3\src\mgr\filemgr.cpp(27): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dirent.h': No such file or directory
3> versificationmgr.cpp
2>..\sword-1.7.3\src\mgr\filemgr.cpp(27): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dirent.h': No such file or directory
2> versificationmgr.cpp
3> remotetrans.cpp
2> remotetrans.cpp
3>..\sword-1.7.3\src\mgr\remotetrans.cpp(27): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dirent.h': No such file or directory
3> swlocale.cpp
2>..\sword-1.7.3\src\mgr\remotetrans.cpp(27): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dirent.h': No such file or directory
2> swlocale.cpp
3> localemgr.cpp
2> localemgr.cpp
3>..\sword-1.7.3\src\mgr\localemgr.cpp(29): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dirent.h': No such file or directory
3> swcacher.cpp
3> Generating Code...
2>..\sword-1.7.3\src\mgr\localemgr.cpp(29): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dirent.h': No such file or directory
2> swcacher.cpp
2> Generating Code...
3> Compiling...
3> swsearchable.cpp
3> installmgr.cpp
2> Compiling...
2> swsearchable.cpp
2> installmgr.cpp
3>..\sword-1.7.3\src\mgr\installmgr.cpp(39): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dirent.h': No such file or directory
3> stringmgr.cpp
2>..\sword-1.7.3\src\mgr\installmgr.cpp(39): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dirent.h': No such file or directory
2> stringmgr.cpp
3> swmodule.cpp
2> swmodule.cpp
3> swcom.cpp
2> swcom.cpp
3> hrefcom.cpp
2> hrefcom.cpp
3> rawcom.cpp
2> rawcom.cpp
3> rawcom4.cpp
2> rawcom4.cpp
3> rawfiles.cpp
2> rawfiles.cpp
3> zcom.cpp
2> zcom.cpp
3> rawstr.cpp
3> rawstr4.cpp
3> swcomprs.cpp
3> lzsscomprs.cpp
3> rawverse.cpp
2> rawstr.cpp
2> rawstr4.cpp
2> swcomprs.cpp
2> lzsscomprs.cpp
2> rawverse.cpp
3> rawverse4.cpp
2> rawverse4.cpp
3> swcipher.cpp
3> zverse.cpp
2> swcipher.cpp
2> zverse.cpp
3> zstr.cpp
3> entriesblk.cpp
3> Generating Code...
2> zstr.cpp
2> entriesblk.cpp
2> Generating Code...
3> Compiling...
3> sapphire.cpp
3> swbasicfilter.cpp
2> Compiling...
2> sapphire.cpp
2> swbasicfilter.cpp
3> swoptfilter.cpp
2> swoptfilter.cpp
3> gbfhtml.cpp
2> gbfhtml.cpp
3> gbfxhtml.cpp
2> gbfxhtml.cpp
3> gbfhtmlhref.cpp
2> gbfhtmlhref.cpp
2> gbfwebif.cpp
3> gbfwebif.cpp
2> gbfplain.cpp
3> gbfplain.cpp
2> gbfrtf.cpp
3> gbfrtf.cpp
2> gbfstrongs.cpp
3> gbfstrongs.cpp
2> gbffootnotes.cpp
3> gbffootnotes.cpp
2> gbfheadings.cpp
3> gbfheadings.cpp
2> gbfredletterwords.cpp
3> gbfredletterwords.cpp
3> gbfmorph.cpp
2> gbfmorph.cpp
3> gbfwordjs.cpp
2> gbfwordjs.cpp
3> thmlstrongs.cpp
2> thmlstrongs.cpp
3> thmlfootnotes.cpp
3> thmlheadings.cpp
2> thmlfootnotes.cpp
3> thmlmorph.cpp
3> thmllemma.cpp
2> thmlheadings.cpp
3> Generating Code...
2> thmlmorph.cpp
3> Compiling...
3> thmlscripref.cpp
2> thmllemma.cpp
3> thmlvariants.cpp
2> Generating Code...
3> thmlgbf.cpp
3> thmlrtf.cpp
3> thmlhtml.cpp
3> thmlxhtml.cpp
3> thmlhtmlhref.cpp
3> thmlwebif.cpp
3> thmlwordjs.cpp
2> Compiling...
2> thmlscripref.cpp
3> teiplain.cpp
2> thmlvariants.cpp
3> teirtf.cpp
2> thmlgbf.cpp
2> thmlrtf.cpp
3> teixhtml.cpp
2> thmlhtml.cpp
3> teihtmlhref.cpp
2> thmlxhtml.cpp
3> gbfthml.cpp
3> gbfosis.cpp
2> thmlhtmlhref.cpp
3> thmlosis.cpp
2> thmlwebif.cpp
3> thmlplain.cpp
3> osisosis.cpp
2> thmlwordjs.cpp
3> osisenum.cpp
2> teiplain.cpp
3> osisglosses.cpp
2> teirtf.cpp
3> Generating Code...
2> teixhtml.cpp
2> teihtmlhref.cpp
2> gbfthml.cpp
2> gbfosis.cpp
3> Compiling...
3> osisxlit.cpp
2> thmlosis.cpp
3> osisheadings.cpp
2> thmlplain.cpp
3> osisfootnotes.cpp
2> osisosis.cpp
2> osisenum.cpp
3> osishtmlhref.cpp
2> osisglosses.cpp
3> osisxhtml.cpp
2> Generating Code...
3> osiswebif.cpp
3> osismorph.cpp
3> osisstrongs.cpp
3> osisplain.cpp
3> osisrtf.cpp
2> Compiling...
2> osisxlit.cpp
2> osisheadings.cpp
3> osislemma.cpp
3> osisredletterwords.cpp
2> osisfootnotes.cpp
3> osisscripref.cpp
2> osishtmlhref.cpp
3> osisvariants.cpp
2> osisxhtml.cpp
3> osiswordjs.cpp
2> osiswebif.cpp
3> osismorphsegmentation.cpp
2> osismorph.cpp
3> osisreferencelinks.cpp
2> osisstrongs.cpp
3> latin1utf8.cpp
2> osisplain.cpp
3> latin1utf16.cpp
3> utf8utf16.cpp
3> Generating Code...
2> osisrtf.cpp
2> osislemma.cpp
2> osisredletterwords.cpp
2> osisscripref.cpp
2> osisvariants.cpp
3> Compiling...
3> utf16utf8.cpp
3> utf8html.cpp
3> utf8latin1.cpp
3> unicodertf.cpp
3> scsuutf8.cpp
2> osiswordjs.cpp
3> utf8cantillation.cpp
2> osismorphsegmentation.cpp
3> utf8hebrewpoints.cpp
3> utf8arabicpoints.cpp
2> osisreferencelinks.cpp
3> utf8greekaccents.cpp
3> cipherfil.cpp
3> rtfhtml.cpp
3> greeklexattribs.cpp
2> latin1utf8.cpp
3> papyriplain.cpp
2> latin1utf16.cpp
2> utf8utf16.cpp
2> Generating Code...
3> swgenbook.cpp
3> rawgenbook.cpp
3> swld.cpp
3> rawld.cpp
3> rawld4.cpp
3> zld.cpp
3> swtext.cpp
2> Compiling...
2> utf16utf8.cpp
2> utf8html.cpp
2> utf8latin1.cpp
2> unicodertf.cpp
2> scsuutf8.cpp
3> Generating Code...
2> utf8cantillation.cpp
2> utf8hebrewpoints.cpp
2> utf8arabicpoints.cpp
3> Compiling...
3> rawtext.cpp
2> utf8greekaccents.cpp
2> cipherfil.cpp
2> rtfhtml.cpp
2> greeklexattribs.cpp
3> rawtext4.cpp
2> papyriplain.cpp
3> ztext.cpp
2> swgenbook.cpp
3> swobject.cpp
3> utilstr.cpp
3> utilxml.cpp
2> rawgenbook.cpp
3> swversion.cpp
3> swbuf.cpp
3> url.cpp
2> swld.cpp
3> roman.cpp
3> flatapi.cpp
2> rawld.cpp
2> rawld4.cpp
3>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-1.7.3\include\flatapi.h(26): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'inttypes.h': No such file or directory
3> zipcomprs.cpp
3> bz2comprs.cpp
3> xzcomprs.cpp
3> ftplibftpt.cpp
2> zld.cpp
3> Generating Code...
2> swtext.cpp
2> Generating Code...
2> Compiling...
2> rawtext.cpp
4>------ Rebuild All started: Project: treeidxutil, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
2> rawtext4.cpp
4> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
2> ztext.cpp
4> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
4> treeidxutil.cpp
2> swobject.cpp
2> utilstr.cpp
2> utilxml.cpp
2> swversion.cpp
2> swbuf.cpp
2> url.cpp
4>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
2> roman.cpp
2> flatapi.cpp
5>------ Rebuild All started: Project: tei2mod, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
5> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
5> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
2>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-1.7.3\include\flatapi.h(26): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'inttypes.h': No such file or directory
2> zipcomprs.cpp
5> tei2mod.cpp
2> bz2comprs.cpp
2> xzcomprs.cpp
2> ftplibftpt.cpp
2> Generating Code...
5>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
6>------ Rebuild All started: Project: vpl2mod, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
6> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
6> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
6> vpl2mod.cpp
7>------ Rebuild All started: Project: vs2osisref, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
6>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
7> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
7> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
7> vs2osisref.cpp
8>------ Rebuild All started: Project: vs2osisreftxt, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
8> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
8> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
8> vs2osisreftxt.cpp
7>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
9>------ Rebuild All started: Project: stepdump, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
9> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
8>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
9> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
10>------ Rebuild All started: Project: step2vpl, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
9> stepdump.cpp
10> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
10> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
10> step2vpl.cpp
9>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
11>------ Rebuild All started: Project: osis2mod, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
10>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
11> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
11> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
12>------ Rebuild All started: Project: modwrite, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
11> osis2mod.cpp
12> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
12> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
12> modwrite.cpp
12>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
13>------ Rebuild All started: Project: mod2zmod, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
13> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
13> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
13> mod2zmod.cpp
11>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
13>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
14>------ Rebuild All started: Project: mod2vpl, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
15>------ Rebuild All started: Project: mod2osis, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
14> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
14> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
15> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
15> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
14> mod2vpl.cpp
15> mod2osis.cpp
14>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
16>------ Rebuild All started: Project: mod2imp, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
15>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
17>------ Rebuild All started: Project: mkfastmod, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
16> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
16> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
16> mod2imp.cpp
17> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
17> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
17> mkfastmod.cpp
16>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
17>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
18>------ Rebuild All started: Project: lexdump, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
19>------ Rebuild All started: Project: installmgr, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
18> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
18> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
19> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
19> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
18> lexdump.c
19> installmgr.cpp
18>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
20>------ Rebuild All started: Project: imp2vs, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
20> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
20> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
20> imp2vs.cpp
19>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
21>------ Rebuild All started: Project: imp2ld, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
21> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
21> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
21> imp2ld.cpp
20>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
22>------ Rebuild All started: Project: imp2gbs, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
22> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
22> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
22> imp2gbs.cpp
21>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
23>------ Rebuild All started: Project: genbookutil, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
22>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
24>------ Rebuild All started: Project: gbfidx, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
23> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
23> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
24> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
24> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
23> genbookutil.cpp
24> gbfidx.cpp
24>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
25>------ Rebuild All started: Project: emptyvss, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
23>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
25> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
26>------ Rebuild All started: Project: diatheke, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
25> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
25> emptyvss.cpp
26> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
26> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
26> diatheke.cpp
25>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
26> corediatheke.cpp
27>------ Rebuild All started: Project: cipherraw, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
27> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
27> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
26> diathekemgr.cpp
27> cipherraw.cpp
27>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
28>------ Rebuild All started: Project: buildtest, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
28> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/CMakeLists.txt
28> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
28> buildtest.cpp
28>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'Release\sword.lib'
26> diafiltmgr.cpp
29>------ Rebuild All started: Project: addvs, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
29> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
29> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
29> addvs.cpp
26> thmlcgi.cpp
26> gbfcgi.cpp
29>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
30>------ Rebuild All started: Project: addld, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
26> osiscgi.cpp
30> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
30> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
30> addld.cpp
26> Generating Code...
30>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
31>------ Rebuild All started: Project: addgb, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
31> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
31> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
31> addgb.cpp
26>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
32>------ Rebuild All started: Project: xml2gbs, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
31>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
32> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
32> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
32> xml2gbs.cpp
32>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\Release\sword.lib'
33>------ Rebuild All started: Project: ALL_BUILD, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
33> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-1.7.3/CMakeLists.txt
33> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\cmake_build\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
33> Build all projects
34>------ Skipped Rebuild All: Project: INSTALL, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
34>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
========== Rebuild All: 2 succeeded, 31 failed, 1 skipped ==========
Greg Hellings
2014-05-13 20:56:49 UTC
Thanks, Greg and Ben.
Post by R Johnson
[...]
dirent.h is present in most Linux/Unix environments but is absent in
windows environments. There is an appropriate flag we will need to enable
in CMakeLists.txt to tell SWORD to use the bundled dirent.h file. I believe
it's just a matter of setting the appropriate include directory when
building with MSVC (dirent.h is available when cross-compiling from MinGW
but that doesn't really help the MSVC/Python case).

I'll have to look into inttypes.h - it's probably an issue with finding the
appropriate compiler flags to set. I know that Sword builds with and
supports MSVC as there is a native MSVC build file that works fine with
VS2010. So it's just a matter of garnering from it to figure out what CMake
needs to do.

--Greg
Post by Greg Hellings
On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 3:48 PM, R Johnson <
Thanks, Greg and Ben.
Post by R Johnson
[...]
I've gotten past this compile error and identified a second one that Troy
fixed (actually a known bug in MSVC that we created a workaround for). Now
I need to fix its detection of dependent library include/link paths.

--Greg
Post by R Johnson
Also, since the C# project solution file is unmaintained, do you think it
would be a good idea to remove it from the repository? If that was done, it
wouldn't cause confusion for other Sword newbies in the future like it did
me.
Thank you for your help.
-- Timothy
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
I now have the core library compiling through CMake with the following
invocation:

C:\Users\Gregory\Documents\building\sword-build>cmake ..\sword -G"Visual
Studio 12" -DBZIP2_LIBRARY=..\bzip2\Release\libbz2.lib
-DBZIP2_INCLUDE_DIR=..\bzip2 -DXZ_LIBRARY=..\xz\bin_i486\liblzma.lib
-DXZ_INCLUDE_DIR=..\xz\include -DICU_LIBRARY=..\icu-sword\lib\icuuc.lib
-DICU_I18N_LIBRARY=..\icu-sword\lib\icuin.lib
-DICU_DATA_LIBRARY=..\icu-sword\lib\icudt.lib
-DICU_INCLUDE_DIR=..\icu-sword\include
-DCURL_LIBRARY=..\curl\builds\libcurl-vc-x86-release-static-ipv6-sspi-spnego-winssl\lib\libcurl_a.lib
-DCURL_INCLUDE_DIR=..\curl\include

This obviously requires Visual Studio 12 (2013). Change to "Visual Studio
11" if you are using the previous version, or the like. For me, this had to
be invoked from the command line because CMake-GUI was forcing me to build
64-bit binaries. This also assumes you have the latest SVN of sword checked
out into a directory called "sword", that you are in a parallel directory
(I named mine sword-build), and that you have followed all the same
instructions that you would for invoking the regular build projects as
documented in the wiki. If not, you might have to adjust the manually
specified directories above. I hope to improve that automatic detection
here in a little bit, but for the moment I'm just happy it's compiling and
kinda-almost-sorta running.

There are a LOT of redundant warnings, mainly about functions that are not
declared as DLL export functions and some about casting variable types that
are not present in the "normal" build. It will take me a while to track
down exactly what is different between the two to eliminate those warnings.
I also haven't tried throwing swig at these results yet, either.

--Greg
Post by Greg Hellings
Post by Greg Hellings
On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 3:48 PM, R Johnson <
Thanks, Greg and Ben.
Post by R Johnson
Also, since the C# project solution file is unmaintained, do you think
it would be a good idea to remove it from the repository? If that was done,
it wouldn't cause confusion for other Sword newbies in the future like it
did me.
Thank you for your help.
-- Timothy
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Thank you for your efforts to get the CMake files to work on Windows. I
really appreciate it.

Sorry for taking so long to respond. I've been held up recently by
Internet connection problems, having to learn how to clone the Sword SVN
repository with Mercurial, having to build Sword's dependencies (of
which I wasn't aware until you fixed the CMake file to require them on
Windows), Visual Studio errors, etc.

I'm now much closer to being able to get the Sword library built, but
still not quite there yet. 3 of the projects in the VS2010 solution file
failed to build. I have extracted the error messages out of the output
and attached them in a file.

The first two errors are about not being able to open
'..\Release\sword.lib'. I don't understand why, since a 54 MB file with
that name was created in my Release directory.

The third error is the same one that you mentioned in your 'gcc 4.9.0'
thread (see my post there). This shows that, as you guessed, the error
is indeed a problem with SWIG, and not with GCC.

Thank you for your help.

-- Timothy
-------------- next part --------------
3>------ Build started: Project: sword, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
3> Creating library C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/Release/sword.lib and object C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/Release/sword.exp
3>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/Release/sword.lib'
4>------ Build started: Project: vs2osisref, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
4> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword/utilities/CMakeLists.txt
4> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-build\utilities\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
4>cl : Command line warning D9002: ignoring unknown option '/O3'
4> vs2osisref.cpp
4>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file '..\Release\sword.lib'
6>------ Build started: Project: swordswig, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
6> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword/bindings/swig/python/CMakeLists.txt
6> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-build\bindings\swig\python\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
6> Generating Sword.cxx
6>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword\include\swbuf.h(362): error : Syntax error in input(3).
========== Build: 31 succeeded, 3 failed, 0 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========
Greg Hellings
2014-05-16 22:14:51 UTC
Do you happen to know which of the projects in the solution failed to
build? I didn't try any of them outside of sword, swordswig, buildtest,
installmgr, and diatheke. All of those worked fine, although I did not test
the result of swordswig to see if it executed.

If you're building all of them, that means you're building both sword and
sword_static. On Windows that will not work because sword_static will
produce a "sword.lib" file while sword will produce both "libsword.dll" and
"sword.lib". It works fine to build both at the same time on Linux because
the name collision does not occur. Try building again and build all of the
products /except/ sword_static. The sword.lib that comes out of building
sword should be MUCH smaller than the 54MB because most of the code will be
in libsword.dll instead. I should update the system to generating the
static target on Windows as basically no one will want static linkage on
Windows - it violates too much of how things actually work there.

Thanks for the report, and don't feel bad about time delays. I myself am
about to get a whole host of distractions between now and the Memorial Day
holiday in the US (don't know where you are so you might not celebrate it).
Including visiting family and vacations, so I might be sketchy between now
and the middle of next week.

--Greg

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 3:35 PM, R Johnson <
Post by R Johnson
[...]
I now have gotten closer to being able to do what I want, but still not
quite there yet (sigh).

I tried to build the 'libsword' solution without the 'sword_static'
project, but then I actually got more errors than before. I have
attached the output I got.

I then tried building only the 'sword' project, which is (I think) the
only project that must be built as a prerequisite to the 'swordswig'
project. This worked OK without any errors.

I then tried building the 'swordswig' project, which is of course
necessary in order to build the Python bindings. Before doing so, I
downgraded my version of SWIG to 2.0.12, so that I would not run into
the SWIG 3.0.0 bug we discovered. The 'swordswig' build is getting
farther now than it had before, but it still gives some errors. First it
gave an error about not being able to open 'sword.lib'. Through a bit of
experimenting, I found out that this was because it was looking for it
in the 'sword-build' directory rather than its 'Release' subdirectory. I
think this may be a bug that needs be fixed in the CMake file. I worked
around it, however, by copying 'sword.lib' from the 'Release'
subdirectory to the 'sword-build' directory. Since I did that, however,
it is giving me other errors that I am not knowledgeable enough to
solve. I have attached the output I got from building 'swordswig', first
before I copied the 'sword.lib' file, and secondly afterwards. In the
second build log, SWIG complains that there are 35 unresolved externals.

Thank you again for your help.

-- Timothy
-------------- next part --------------
1>------ Build started: Project: ZERO_CHECK, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
2>------ Skipped Build: Project: sword_static, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
2>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
3>------ Build started: Project: vs2osisref, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
4>------ Build started: Project: tei2mod, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
3> Creating library C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/vs2osisref.lib and object C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/vs2osisref.exp
4> Creating library C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/tei2mod.lib and object C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/tei2mod.exp
3>vs2osisref.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char * sword::SWBuf::nullStr" (?nullStr at ***@sword@@2PADA) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sword::SWBuf::init(unsigned int)" (?init at ***@sword@@AAEXI at Z)
3>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-build\utilities\Release\vs2osisref.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
4>tei2mod.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char * sword::SWBuf::nullStr" (?nullStr at ***@sword@@2PADA) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sword::SWBuf::init(unsigned int)" (?init at ***@sword@@AAEXI at Z)
4>tei2mod.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static class sword::SWClass sword::SWDisplay::classdef" (?classdef at ***@sword@@0VSWClass at ***@A) referenced in function "public: __thiscall sword::SWDisplay::SWDisplay(void)" (??0SWDisplay at sword@@QAE at XZ)
4>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-build\utilities\Release\tei2mod.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
5>------ Build started: Project: swordswig, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
5> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword/bindings/swig/python/CMakeLists.txt
5> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-build\bindings\swig\python\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
5> Generating Sword.cxx
6>------ Build started: Project: vs2osisreftxt, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
6> Creating library C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/vs2osisreftxt.lib and object C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/vs2osisreftxt.exp
6>vs2osisreftxt.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char * sword::SWBuf::nullStr" (?nullStr at ***@sword@@2PADA) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sword::SWBuf::init(unsigned int)" (?init at ***@sword@@AAEXI at Z)
6>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-build\utilities\Release\vs2osisreftxt.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
7>------ Build started: Project: treeidxutil, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
7> Creating library C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/treeidxutil.lib and object C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/treeidxutil.exp
7>treeidxutil.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char * sword::SWBuf::nullStr" (?nullStr at ***@sword@@2PADA) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sword::SWBuf::init(unsigned int)" (?init at ***@sword@@AAEXI at Z)
7>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-build\utilities\Release\treeidxutil.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
8>------ Build started: Project: vpl2mod, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
8> Creating library C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/vpl2mod.lib and object C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/vpl2mod.exp
8>vpl2mod.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char * sword::SWBuf::nullStr" (?nullStr at ***@sword@@2PADA) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sword::SWBuf::init(unsigned int)" (?init at ***@sword@@AAEXI at Z)
8>vpl2mod.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static class sword::SWClass sword::SWDisplay::classdef" (?classdef at ***@sword@@0VSWClass at ***@A) referenced in function "public: __thiscall sword::SWDisplay::SWDisplay(void)" (??0SWDisplay at sword@@QAE at XZ)
8>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-build\utilities\Release\vpl2mod.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
9>------ Build started: Project: stepdump, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
10>------ Build started: Project: step2vpl, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
10> Creating library C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/step2vpl.lib and object C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/step2vpl.exp
10>step2vpl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char * sword::SWBuf::nullStr" (?nullStr at ***@sword@@2PADA) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sword::SWBuf::init(unsigned int)" (?init at ***@sword@@AAEXI at Z)
10>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-build\utilities\Release\step2vpl.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
11>------ Build started: Project: osis2mod, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
12>------ Build started: Project: modwrite, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
12> Creating library C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/modwrite.lib and object C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/modwrite.exp
12>modwrite.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char * sword::SWBuf::nullStr" (?nullStr at ***@sword@@2PADA) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sword::SWBuf::init(unsigned int)" (?init at ***@sword@@AAEXI at Z)
12>modwrite.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static class sword::SWClass sword::SWDisplay::classdef" (?classdef at ***@sword@@0VSWClass at ***@A) referenced in function "public: __thiscall sword::SWDisplay::SWDisplay(void)" (??0SWDisplay at sword@@QAE at XZ)
12>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-build\utilities\Release\modwrite.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
13>------ Build started: Project: mod2zmod, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
14>------ Build started: Project: mod2vpl, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
14> Creating library C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/mod2vpl.lib and object C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/mod2vpl.exp
14>mod2vpl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char * sword::SWBuf::nullStr" (?nullStr at ***@sword@@2PADA) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sword::SWBuf::init(unsigned int)" (?init at ***@sword@@AAEXI at Z)
14>mod2vpl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static class sword::SWClass sword::SWDisplay::classdef" (?classdef at ***@sword@@0VSWClass at ***@A) referenced in function "public: __thiscall sword::SWDisplay::SWDisplay(void)" (??0SWDisplay at sword@@QAE at XZ)
14>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-build\utilities\Release\mod2vpl.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
15>------ Build started: Project: mod2osis, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
16>------ Build started: Project: mod2imp, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
16> Creating library C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/mod2imp.lib and object C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/mod2imp.exp
16>mod2imp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char * sword::SWBuf::nullStr" (?nullStr at ***@sword@@2PADA) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sword::SWBuf::init(unsigned int)" (?init at ***@sword@@AAEXI at Z)
16>mod2imp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static class sword::SWClass sword::SWDisplay::classdef" (?classdef at ***@sword@@0VSWClass at ***@A) referenced in function "public: __thiscall sword::SWDisplay::SWDisplay(void)" (??0SWDisplay at sword@@QAE at XZ)
16>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-build\utilities\Release\mod2imp.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
17>------ Build started: Project: mkfastmod, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
18>------ Build started: Project: installmgr, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
18> Creating library C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/installmgr.lib and object C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/installmgr.exp
18>installmgr.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char * sword::SWBuf::nullStr" (?nullStr at ***@sword@@2PADA) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sword::SWBuf::init(unsigned int)" (?init at ***@sword@@AAEXI at Z)
18>installmgr.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static class sword::SWClass sword::SWDisplay::classdef" (?classdef at ***@sword@@0VSWClass at ***@A) referenced in function "public: __thiscall sword::SWDisplay::SWDisplay(void)" (??0SWDisplay at sword@@QAE at XZ)
18>installmgr.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int const sword::InstallMgr::MODSTAT_UPDATED" (?MODSTAT_UPDATED at ***@sword@@2HB) referenced in function "void __cdecl listModules(class sword::SWMgr *,bool)" (?listModules@@YAXPAVSWMgr at sword@@_N at Z)
18>installmgr.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int const sword::InstallMgr::MODSTAT_OLDER" (?MODSTAT_OLDER at ***@sword@@2HB) referenced in function "void __cdecl listModules(class sword::SWMgr *,bool)" (?listModules@@YAXPAVSWMgr at sword@@_N at Z)
18>installmgr.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int const sword::InstallMgr::MODSTAT_NEW" (?MODSTAT_NEW at ***@sword@@2HB) referenced in function "void __cdecl listModules(class sword::SWMgr *,bool)" (?listModules@@YAXPAVSWMgr at sword@@_N at Z)
18>installmgr.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int const sword::SWLog::LOG_DEBUG" (?LOG_DEBUG at ***@sword@@2HB) referenced in function _main
18>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-build\utilities\Release\installmgr.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals
19>------ Build started: Project: imp2vs, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
19> Creating library C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/imp2vs.lib and object C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/imp2vs.exp
19>imp2vs.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char * sword::SWBuf::nullStr" (?nullStr at ***@sword@@2PADA) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sword::SWBuf::init(unsigned int)" (?init at ***@sword@@AAEXI at Z)
19>imp2vs.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static class sword::SWClass sword::SWDisplay::classdef" (?classdef at ***@sword@@0VSWClass at ***@A) referenced in function "public: __thiscall sword::SWDisplay::SWDisplay(void)" (??0SWDisplay at sword@@QAE at XZ)
19>imp2vs.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int sword::FileMgr::RDONLY" (?RDONLY at ***@sword@@2HA) referenced in function _main
19>imp2vs.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int sword::FileMgr::IREAD" (?IREAD at ***@sword@@2HA) referenced in function _main
19>imp2vs.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int sword::FileMgr::IWRITE" (?IWRITE at ***@sword@@2HA) referenced in function _main
19>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-build\utilities\Release\imp2vs.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved externals
20>------ Build started: Project: imp2ld, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
20> Creating library C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/imp2ld.lib and object C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/imp2ld.exp
20>imp2ld.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static class sword::SWClass sword::SWDisplay::classdef" (?classdef at ***@sword@@0VSWClass at ***@A) referenced in function "public: __thiscall sword::SWDisplay::SWDisplay(void)" (??0SWDisplay at sword@@QAE at XZ)
20>imp2ld.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char * sword::SWBuf::nullStr" (?nullStr at ***@sword@@2PADA) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sword::SWBuf::init(unsigned int)" (?init at ***@sword@@AAEXI at Z)
20>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-build\utilities\Release\imp2ld.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
21>------ Build started: Project: imp2gbs, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
21> Creating library C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/imp2gbs.lib and object C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/imp2gbs.exp
21>imp2gbs.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char * sword::SWBuf::nullStr" (?nullStr at ***@sword@@2PADA) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sword::SWBuf::init(unsigned int)" (?init at ***@sword@@AAEXI at Z)
21>imp2gbs.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static class sword::SWClass sword::SWDisplay::classdef" (?classdef at ***@sword@@0VSWClass at ***@A) referenced in function "public: __thiscall sword::SWDisplay::SWDisplay(void)" (??0SWDisplay at sword@@QAE at XZ)
21>imp2gbs.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int sword::FileMgr::RDONLY" (?RDONLY at ***@sword@@2HA) referenced in function _main
21>imp2gbs.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int sword::FileMgr::IREAD" (?IREAD at ***@sword@@2HA) referenced in function _main
21>imp2gbs.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int sword::FileMgr::IWRITE" (?IWRITE at ***@sword@@2HA) referenced in function _main
21>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-build\utilities\Release\imp2gbs.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved externals
22>------ Build started: Project: genbookutil, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
22> Creating library C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/genbookutil.lib and object C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/genbookutil.exp
22>genbookutil.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char * sword::SWBuf::nullStr" (?nullStr at ***@sword@@2PADA) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sword::SWBuf::init(unsigned int)" (?init at ***@sword@@AAEXI at Z)
22>genbookutil.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static class sword::SWClass sword::SWDisplay::classdef" (?classdef at ***@sword@@0VSWClass at ***@A) referenced in function "public: __thiscall sword::SWDisplay::SWDisplay(void)" (??0SWDisplay at sword@@QAE at XZ)
22>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-build\utilities\Release\genbookutil.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
23>------ Build started: Project: gbfidx, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
23> Creating library C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/gbfidx.lib and object C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/gbfidx.exp
23>gbfidx.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char * sword::SWBuf::nullStr" (?nullStr at ***@sword@@2PADA) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sword::SWBuf::init(unsigned int)" (?init at ***@sword@@AAEXI at Z)
23>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-build\utilities\Release\gbfidx.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
24>------ Build started: Project: emptyvss, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
24> Creating library C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/emptyvss.lib and object C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/emptyvss.exp
24>emptyvss.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char * sword::SWBuf::nullStr" (?nullStr at ***@sword@@2PADA) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sword::SWBuf::init(unsigned int)" (?init at ***@sword@@AAEXI at Z)
24>emptyvss.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static class sword::SWClass sword::SWDisplay::classdef" (?classdef at ***@sword@@0VSWClass at ***@A) referenced in function "public: __thiscall sword::SWDisplay::SWDisplay(void)" (??0SWDisplay at sword@@QAE at XZ)
24>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-build\utilities\Release\emptyvss.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
25>------ Build started: Project: diatheke, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
26>------ Build started: Project: cipherraw, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
5>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword\include\versificationmgr.h(125): warning 325: Nested class not currently supported (Book ignored)
5>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword\include\versificationmgr.h(150): warning 325: Nested class not currently supported (System ignored)
5>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword\include\treekey.h(62): warning 325: Nested class not currently supported (PositionChangeListener ignored)
5>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword\include\swkey.h(227): warning 503: Can't wrap 'operator const char*' unless renamed to a valid identifier.
26> Creating library C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/cipherraw.lib and object C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/cipherraw.exp
26>cipherraw.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char * sword::SWBuf::nullStr" (?nullStr at ***@sword@@2PADA) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sword::SWBuf::init(unsigned int)" (?init at ***@sword@@AAEXI at Z)
26>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-build\utilities\Release\cipherraw.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
27>------ Build started: Project: buildtest, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
5> running build
5> running build_py
5> copying Sword.py -> build\lib.win32-3.3
5> running build_ext
5> building '_Sword' extension
27> Creating library C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/Release/buildtest.lib and object C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/Release/buildtest.exp
27>buildtest.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char * sword::SWBuf::nullStr" (?nullStr at ***@sword@@2PADA) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sword::SWBuf::init(unsigned int)" (?init at ***@sword@@AAEXI at Z)
27>buildtest.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static class sword::SWClass sword::SWDisplay::classdef" (?classdef at ***@sword@@0VSWClass at ***@A) referenced in function "public: __thiscall sword::SWDisplay::SWDisplay(void)" (??0SWDisplay at sword@@QAE at XZ)
27>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-build\Release\buildtest.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
28>------ Build started: Project: addvs, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
28> Creating library C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/addvs.lib and object C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/addvs.exp
28>addvs.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char * sword::SWBuf::nullStr" (?nullStr at ***@sword@@2PADA) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sword::SWBuf::init(unsigned int)" (?init at ***@sword@@AAEXI at Z)
28>addvs.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static class sword::SWClass sword::SWDisplay::classdef" (?classdef at ***@sword@@0VSWClass at ***@A) referenced in function "public: __thiscall sword::SWDisplay::SWDisplay(void)" (??0SWDisplay at sword@@QAE at XZ)
28>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-build\utilities\Release\addvs.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
5> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\cl.exe /c /nologo /Ox /MD /W3 /GS- /DNDEBUG "-IC:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword/bindings/swig/python" "-IC:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword/include" "-IC:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword/bindings/swig/python/.." "-IC:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword/bindings/swig/python../../" -IC:\Python33\include -IC:\Python33\include /TpSword.cxx /Fobuild\temp.win32-3.3\Release\Sword.obj
29>------ Build started: Project: addld, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
5> Sword.cxx
5>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\INCLUDE\xlocale(323): warning C4530: C++ exception handler used, but unwind semantics are not enabled. Specify /EHsc
29> Creating library C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/addld.lib and object C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/addld.exp
29>addld.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char * sword::SWBuf::nullStr" (?nullStr at ***@sword@@2PADA) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sword::SWBuf::init(unsigned int)" (?init at ***@sword@@AAEXI at Z)
29>addld.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static class sword::SWClass sword::SWDisplay::classdef" (?classdef at ***@sword@@0VSWClass at ***@A) referenced in function "public: __thiscall sword::SWDisplay::SWDisplay(void)" (??0SWDisplay at sword@@QAE at XZ)
29>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-build\utilities\Release\addld.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
30>------ Build started: Project: addgb, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
30> Creating library C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/addgb.lib and object C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/addgb.exp
30>addgb.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char * sword::SWBuf::nullStr" (?nullStr at ***@sword@@2PADA) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sword::SWBuf::init(unsigned int)" (?init at ***@sword@@AAEXI at Z)
30>addgb.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static class sword::SWClass sword::SWDisplay::classdef" (?classdef at ***@sword@@0VSWClass at ***@A) referenced in function "public: __thiscall sword::SWDisplay::SWDisplay(void)" (??0SWDisplay at sword@@QAE at XZ)
30>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-build\utilities\Release\addgb.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
31>------ Build started: Project: xml2gbs, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
5>c:\documents and settings\timothy\my documents\downloads\sword\sword-build\bindings\swig\python\Sword.h(246): warning C4996: 'sword::StatusReporter::statusUpdate': ** WARNING: deprecated method **
5> C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword/include\remotetrans.h(42) : see declaration of 'sword::StatusReporter::statusUpdate'
5>Sword.cxx(7715): warning C4996: 'sword::StatusReporter::statusUpdate': ** WARNING: deprecated method **
5> C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword/include\remotetrans.h(42) : see declaration of 'sword::StatusReporter::statusUpdate'
5>Sword.cxx(7715): warning C4996: 'sword::StatusReporter::statusUpdate': ** WARNING: deprecated method **
5> C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword/include\remotetrans.h(42) : see declaration of 'sword::StatusReporter::statusUpdate'
5>Sword.cxx(7801): warning C4101: 'e' : unreferenced local variable
31> Creating library C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/xml2gbs.lib and object C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build/utilities/Release/xml2gbs.exp
5>Sword.cxx(11683): warning C4101: 'e' : unreferenced local variable
31>xml2gbs.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char * sword::SWBuf::nullStr" (?nullStr at ***@sword@@2PADA) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sword::SWBuf::init(unsigned int)" (?init at ***@sword@@AAEXI at Z)
31>xml2gbs.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static class sword::SWClass sword::SWDisplay::classdef" (?classdef at ***@sword@@0VSWClass at ***@A) referenced in function "public: __thiscall sword::SWDisplay::SWDisplay(void)" (??0SWDisplay at sword@@QAE at XZ)
31>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-build\utilities\Release\xml2gbs.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
5>Sword.cxx(13572): warning C4101: 'e' : unreferenced local variable
5>Sword.cxx(80692): warning C4800: 'const char *' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)
5>Sword.cxx(80947): warning C4101: 'e' : unreferenced local variable
5> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\link.exe /DLL /nologo /INCREMENTAL:NO "/LIBPATH:C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build" /LIBPATH:C:\Python33\libs /LIBPATH:C:\Python33\PCbuild sword.lib /EXPORT:PyInit__Sword build\temp.win32-3.3\Release\Sword.obj /OUT:build\lib.win32-3.3\_Sword.pyd /IMPLIB:build\temp.win32-3.3\Release\_Sword.lib /MANIFESTFILE:build\temp.win32-3.3\Release\_Sword.pyd.manifest
5>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'sword.lib'
5>CUSTOMBUILD : error : command '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\link.exe"' failed with exit status 1181
32>------ Build started: Project: ALL_BUILD, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
32> Build all projects
33>------ Skipped Build: Project: INSTALL, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
33>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
========== Build: 2 succeeded, 29 failed, 2 up-to-date, 2 skipped ==========

-------------- next part --------------
1>------ Build started: Project: ZERO_CHECK, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
2>------ Build started: Project: swordswig, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
2> Building Custom Rule C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword/bindings/swig/python/CMakeLists.txt
2> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword-build\bindings\swig\python\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
2> Generating Sword.cxx
2>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword\include\versificationmgr.h(125): warning 325: Nested class not currently supported (Book ignored)
2>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword\include\versificationmgr.h(150): warning 325: Nested class not currently supported (System ignored)
2>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword\include\treekey.h(62): warning 325: Nested class not currently supported (PositionChangeListener ignored)
2>C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\Downloads\Sword\sword\include\swkey.h(227): warning 503: Can't wrap 'operator const char*' unless renamed to a valid identifier.
2> running build
2> running build_py
2> creating build
2> creating build\lib.win32-3.3
2> copying Sword.py -> build\lib.win32-3.3
2> running build_ext
2> building '_Sword' extension
2> creating build\temp.win32-3.3
2> creating build\temp.win32-3.3\Release
2> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\cl.exe /c /nologo /Ox /MD /W3 /GS- /DNDEBUG "-IC:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword/bindings/swig/python" "-IC:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword/include" "-IC:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword/bindings/swig/python/.." "-IC:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword/bindings/swig/python../../" -IC:\Python33\include -IC:\Python33\include /TpSword.cxx /Fobuild\temp.win32-3.3\Release\Sword.obj
2> Sword.cxx
2>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\INCLUDE\xlocale(323): warning C4530: C++ exception handler used, but unwind semantics are not enabled. Specify /EHsc
2>c:\documents and settings\timothy\my documents\downloads\sword\sword-build\bindings\swig\python\Sword.h(246): warning C4996: 'sword::StatusReporter::statusUpdate': ** WARNING: deprecated method **
2> C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword/include\remotetrans.h(42) : see declaration of 'sword::StatusReporter::statusUpdate'
2>Sword.cxx(7715): warning C4996: 'sword::StatusReporter::statusUpdate': ** WARNING: deprecated method **
2> C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword/include\remotetrans.h(42) : see declaration of 'sword::StatusReporter::statusUpdate'
2>Sword.cxx(7715): warning C4996: 'sword::StatusReporter::statusUpdate': ** WARNING: deprecated method **
2> C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword/include\remotetrans.h(42) : see declaration of 'sword::StatusReporter::statusUpdate'
2>Sword.cxx(7801): warning C4101: 'e' : unreferenced local variable
2>Sword.cxx(80692): warning C4800: 'const char *' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)
2>Sword.cxx(80947): warning C4101: 'e' : unreferenced local variable
2> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\link.exe /DLL /nologo /INCREMENTAL:NO "/LIBPATH:C:/Documents and Settings/Timothy/My Documents/Downloads/Sword/sword-build" /LIBPATH:C:\Python33\libs /LIBPATH:C:\Python33\PCbuild sword.lib /EXPORT:PyInit__Sword build\temp.win32-3.3\Release\Sword.obj /OUT:build\lib.win32-3.3\_Sword.pyd /IMPLIB:build\temp.win32-3.3\Release\_Sword.lib /MANIFESTFILE:build\temp.win32-3.3\Release\_Sword.pyd.manifest
2>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'sword.lib'
2>CUSTOMBUILD : error : command '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\link.exe"' failed with exit status 1181
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 1 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

[...]
2> Creating library build\temp.win32-3.3\Release\_Sword.lib and object build\temp.win32-3.3\Release\_Sword.exp
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char * sword::SWBuf::nullStr" (?nullStr at ***@sword@@2PADA) referenced in function "char __cdecl sword_SWBuf_charAt2(class sword::SWBuf *,unsigned int)" (?sword_SWBuf_charAt2@@YADPAVSWBuf at sword@@I at Z)
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class sword::SWVersion sword::SWVersion::currentVersion" (?currentVersion at ***@sword@@2V12 at A) referenced in function _Swig_var_SWVersion_currentVersion_get
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char const sword::RawVerse::nl" (?nl at ***@sword@@2DB) referenced in function _Swig_var_RawVerse_nl_get
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char const * const sword::zVerse::uniqueIndexID" (?uniqueIndexID at ***@sword@@2QBDB) referenced in function _Swig_var_zVerse_uniqueIndexID_get
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char const sword::RawStr::nl" (?nl at ***@sword@@2DB) referenced in function _Swig_var_RawStr_nl_get
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char const sword::RawStr4::nl" (?nl at ***@sword@@2DB) referenced in function _Swig_var_RawStr4_nl_get
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "struct sword::abbrev const * const sword::builtin_abbrevs" (?builtin_abbrevs at sword@@3QBUabbrev at ***@B) referenced in function _Swig_var_builtin_abbrevs_get
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char const * const sword::SWMgr::MODTYPE_BIBLES" (?MODTYPE_BIBLES at ***@sword@@2PBDB) referenced in function _Swig_var_SWMgr_MODTYPE_BIBLES_get
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char const * const sword::SWMgr::MODTYPE_COMMENTARIES" (?MODTYPE_COMMENTARIES at ***@sword@@2PBDB) referenced in function _Swig_var_SWMgr_MODTYPE_COMMENTARIES_get
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char const * const sword::SWMgr::MODTYPE_LEXDICTS" (?MODTYPE_LEXDICTS at ***@sword@@2PBDB) referenced in function _Swig_var_SWMgr_MODTYPE_LEXDICTS_get
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char const * const sword::SWMgr::MODTYPE_GENBOOKS" (?MODTYPE_GENBOOKS at ***@sword@@2PBDB) referenced in function _Swig_var_SWMgr_MODTYPE_GENBOOKS_get
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char const * const sword::SWMgr::MODTYPE_DAILYDEVOS" (?MODTYPE_DAILYDEVOS at ***@sword@@2PBDB) referenced in function _Swig_var_SWMgr_MODTYPE_DAILYDEVOS_get
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static bool sword::SWMgr::isICU" (?isICU at ***@sword@@2_NA) referenced in function _Swig_var_SWMgr_isICU_set
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char const * const sword::SWMgr::globalConfPath" (?globalConfPath at ***@sword@@2PBDB) referenced in function _Swig_var_SWMgr_globalConfPath_get
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int sword::FileMgr::CREAT" (?CREAT at ***@sword@@2HA) referenced in function _Swig_var_FileMgr_CREAT_set
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int sword::FileMgr::APPEND" (?APPEND at ***@sword@@2HA) referenced in function _Swig_var_FileMgr_APPEND_set
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int sword::FileMgr::TRUNC" (?TRUNC at ***@sword@@2HA) referenced in function _Swig_var_FileMgr_TRUNC_set
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int sword::FileMgr::RDONLY" (?RDONLY at ***@sword@@2HA) referenced in function _Swig_var_FileMgr_RDONLY_set
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int sword::FileMgr::RDWR" (?RDWR at ***@sword@@2HA) referenced in function _Swig_var_FileMgr_RDWR_set
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int sword::FileMgr::WRONLY" (?WRONLY at ***@sword@@2HA) referenced in function _Swig_var_FileMgr_WRONLY_set
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int sword::FileMgr::IREAD" (?IREAD at ***@sword@@2HA) referenced in function _Swig_var_FileMgr_IREAD_set
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int sword::FileMgr::IWRITE" (?IWRITE at ***@sword@@2HA) referenced in function _Swig_var_FileMgr_IWRITE_set
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static char const * const sword::SWLocale::DEFAULT_LOCALE_NAME" (?DEFAULT_LOCALE_NAME at ***@sword@@2PBDB) referenced in function _Swig_var_SWLocale_DEFAULT_LOCALE_NAME_get
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int const sword::SWLog::LOG_ERROR" (?LOG_ERROR at ***@sword@@2HB) referenced in function _Swig_var_SWLog_LOG_ERROR_get
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int const sword::SWLog::LOG_WARN" (?LOG_WARN at ***@sword@@2HB) referenced in function _Swig_var_SWLog_LOG_WARN_get
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int const sword::SWLog::LOG_INFO" (?LOG_INFO at ***@sword@@2HB) referenced in function _Swig_var_SWLog_LOG_INFO_get
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int const sword::SWLog::LOG_TIMEDINFO" (?LOG_TIMEDINFO at ***@sword@@2HB) referenced in function _Swig_var_SWLog_LOG_TIMEDINFO_get
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int const sword::SWLog::LOG_DEBUG" (?LOG_DEBUG at ***@sword@@2HB) referenced in function _Swig_var_SWLog_LOG_DEBUG_get
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int const sword::InstallMgr::MODSTAT_OLDER" (?MODSTAT_OLDER at ***@sword@@2HB) referenced in function _Swig_var_InstallMgr_MODSTAT_OLDER_get
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int const sword::InstallMgr::MODSTAT_SAMEVERSION" (?MODSTAT_SAMEVERSION at ***@sword@@2HB) referenced in function _Swig_var_InstallMgr_MODSTAT_SAMEVERSION_get
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int const sword::InstallMgr::MODSTAT_UPDATED" (?MODSTAT_UPDATED at ***@sword@@2HB) referenced in function _Swig_var_InstallMgr_MODSTAT_UPDATED_get
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int const sword::InstallMgr::MODSTAT_NEW" (?MODSTAT_NEW at ***@sword@@2HB) referenced in function _Swig_var_InstallMgr_MODSTAT_NEW_get
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int const sword::InstallMgr::MODSTAT_CIPHERED" (?MODSTAT_CIPHERED at ***@sword@@2HB) referenced in function _Swig_var_InstallMgr_MODSTAT_CIPHERED_get
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static int const sword::InstallMgr::MODSTAT_CIPHERKEYPRESENT" (?MODSTAT_CIPHERKEYPRESENT at ***@sword@@2HB) referenced in function _Swig_var_InstallMgr_MODSTAT_CIPHERKEYPRESENT_get
2>Sword.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall sword::ThMLHTMLHREF::MyUserData::MyUserData(class sword::SWModule const *,class sword::SWKey const *)" (??0MyUserData at ***@sword@@QAE at ***@2 at ***@2@@Z) referenced in function "protected: virtual class sword::BasicFilterUserData * __thiscall sword::ThMLHTMLHREF::createUserData(class sword::SWModule const *,class sword::SWKey const *)" (?createUserData at ***@sword@@MAEPAVBasicFilterUserData at ***@PBVSWModule at ***@PBVSWKey at 2@@Z)
2>build\lib.win32-3.3\_Sword.pyd : fatal error LNK1120: 35 unresolved externals
2>CUSTOMBUILD : error : command '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\link.exe"' failed with exit status 1120
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 1 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
Ben Morgan
2014-05-29 03:48:01 UTC
This probably doesn't directly help your issues here, but the SWIG 3.0
issue seems to have been fixed in SWIG 3.0.1 which was released yesterday.
http://sourceforge.net/p/swig/news/2014/05/swig-301-released/

- A few notable regressions introduced in 3.0.0 have been fixed - in
Lua, nested classes and parsing of operator <<.

As for this one here, I would try the sword_static, ignore the errors
building the samples, and copy the sword.lib like you found you had to.
That might work, but probably won't either.

Greg, is it possible the non-static one doesn't define SWUSINGDLL when
compiling the swig generated code? If I remember rightly, that causes
issues.
God Bless,
Ben
For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone,
declares the Lord God; so turn, and live.?
Ezekiel 18:32 (ESV)